The system for booking appointments at the Finnish Immigration Service’s service points is currently congested, informed Migri in its customer bulletin. The Immigration services apologized "for any inconvenience" that this may cause to its customers.
Migri has published a set of instructions for those who cannot book an appointment through the system:
- Check the appointment system for available appointments later. Migri adds new appointments into the system weekly.
- You can see all available appointment times in the system. The telephone service cannot offer you other times.
- If your residence permit is valid for more than three months, wait for new appointment times to become available or submit your application through the Enter Finland online service.
- If you wish to submit statements, send them by post or bring them to the mailbox at a service point. You do not need to book an appointment or take a numbered ticket.
- If your business is urgent and you are not able to book an appointment or use the online service, you can visit a service point. Please take a numbered ticket and reserve time for waiting.
Migri reminds that they will charge you 50 euros if the customer does not appear for the appointment.
Many matters can be dealt with online
The Immigration agency also emphasizes that most applications can be submitted through the Enter Finland online service. Customers can also check the processing status of their application through the service.
Applications become pending as soon as submitted through Enter Finland. After submitting an application, applicants have three months to visit a service point to prove their identity.