In September, the restrictions on the activities of food and beverage service businesses will remain the same as they are now.
The Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health said the Restaurants, cafes and bars must continue to prevent the risk of Covid-19 infection by certain measures throughout Finland.
The Government issued a decree on it on 27 August 2020.
- Every customer must have their own seat.
- Food and beverage service businesses must provide their customers with instructions on how to prevent the spread of a communicable disease.
- Customers need to be able to wash their hands, and the premises and surfaces of food and beverage service businesses must be kept clean.
- Food and beverage service businesses will also be responsible for ensuring sufficient physical distances between customers.
- Each establishment must display its plan on how to implement these restrictions and obligations in such a way that customers can see it.
Provisions on the restrictions will be laid down in a new government decree on temporarily restricting the activities of food and beverage service businesses to prevent the spread of a communicable disease. This decree is valid from 1 September to 30 September 2020.