The Finnish health authorities reported on Sunday 30 new cases of coronavirus (koronavirus, in Finnish) diagnosed throughout the country. The number is considerably lower than the cases found on Saturday (55), Friday (51) and Thursday (50).
However, the epidemic in Finland is still in its early stages, and authorities recommend that people with mild symptoms not come to the health center, so some cases may not be diagnosed. In any case, it is early to draw conclusions from this decline.
To date, 240 coronavirus infections have been detected in Finland, according to the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL, in its Finnish acronym).Source: THL.
The new cases detected
- There were 22 cases in the Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District.
- There are 2 cases in the West Ostrobothnia Hospital District.
- 1 case in the Hospital District of Southwest Finland.
- 1 case in the Central Ostrobothnia Hospital District.
- 1 case in Päijät-Häme Hospital District.
- 1 case in Pirkanmaa Hospital District.
- 1 case in Kanta-Häme Hospital District.
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare says coronavirus testing is now done around the clock and some information may be delayed. In one of the new cases, the district's information is yet to be confirmed.